Adoption of Energy Efficient Technologies
To encourage manufacturing companies, including SMEs, to invest in energy-efficient equipment or technologies.
Up to 50% of qualifying costs
- Equipment or technology; and
Singapore GST is excluded.
• Be a Singapore-registered owner or operator of an existing or proposed industrial facility that is or will be sited in Singapore;
• Be recognised under the “Singapore Standard Industrial Classification (SSIC) 2015” as undertaking manufacturing activities; and
• Have a group annual sales turnover of not more than S$500 million.
Project Eligibility Criteria
The proposed energy efficiency project must meet the following criteria:
• The project must involve installation and use of energy efficient equipment or technologies with a proven track record of energy savings in an industrial facility.
• The project must result in measurable and verifiable energy savings (see requirements on measurement and verification below).
• The project must not have commenced before the application is approved.
• The project shall be completed within 36 months from the approval of grant.
Projects that reduce cost, but do not demonstrate measurable and verifiable energy savings are not eligible. Examples of such projects include, but are not limited to:
• Power Conditioning Project
- Power factor correction
- Lighting voltage regulation
- Harmonic current reduction
- Transient voltage protection
- Installation of voltage- and power-reducing equipment
• Black Box Solutions
- Software or hardware devices (e.g. magnetic treatment of fuel) whose functioning cannot be explained by applying mainstream engineering knowledge and theories and where the efficiency improvement is not and/or cannot be established by objective measurement
• Other Projects
- Load-shifting/load-management measures
- Measures that are not permanently installed (plug-in equipment)
- Projects to repair or maintain existing equipment
- Metering not directly associated with an eligible project
- Projects that result in negative environmental or health effects
- Solar PV