Employers can assess jobseekers’ job fit through a short-term trial before offering employment paying at least $1,500/month for full time position, and $750/month for part-time position or more, to suitable Singapore Citizens. To help Singaporean jobseekers try out more jobs, including part-time work, the Career Trial scheme has been expanded to include part time jobs offered by employers. This will take effect from 15 May 2019.
What do companies need to do under Career Trial?
Host employers will need to:
- Provide a customised trial per Career Trial position. Trial duration for full time positions is between 16 to up to 480 hours, and for part time positions is between to 16 to 240 hours (capped at 80hrs/month)
- Offer employment paying $1,500 (for full-time or $750 for part-time position) or more per month to suitable jobseekers on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year after completion of Career Trial
30% of monthly salary for up to 6 months, capped at $5,400 per hire and $2,700 per hire for part-time jobs, for employers who hire unemployed SC who have been actively looking for jobs for 6 months or more
• All employers must be legally registered or incorporated in Singapore, with a Unique Entity Number (UEN) registered with ACRA
• Actively hiring for jobs paying $1,500 (for full-time or $750 for part-time position) or more
• Offer employment to suitable jobseekers on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year after completion of Career Trial