Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
Past studies reveal that compared to larger companies, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) were less likely to send their employees for training. Recognising the challenges that SMEs may face in sending their employees for training, the Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS) offers additional support for SMEs.
Higher Course Fee Grant: SMEs enjoy SkillsFuture Funding of up to 90% of the course fees when they sponsor their employees to attend courses supported by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Enhanced Absentee Payroll (AP) Funding: SMEs may claim AP funding of 80% of basic hourly salary at a higher cap of $7.50 per hour, an increase over the normal cap of $4.50 per hour.
SMEs that meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
• Registered or incorporated in Singapore
• At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
• Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than $100 million
• Must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
• Courses have to be fully paid for by the employer
• Trainee is not a full-time national serviceman