Experience Step-Up Fund (ESF)
The Experience Step-Up Fund (ESF) supports development and enhancement of tourism experiences that increase the attractiveness of Singapore to visitors, hence improving overall visitor experience and satisfaction in Singapore.
Successful applicants will receive funding support for qualifying costs, subject to the scope of the project and STB’s evaluation of the merits of the project. Qualifying costs may include third-party project-related costs such as professional services, hardware/equipment and software, materials and consumables, production (1), and/or marketing (2) costs; and internal manpower costs (limited to tour development projects).
(1) For production costs of new products and/or new packaging for souvenirs, funding support is only applicable to the first run of production
(2) For marketing costs of qualifying media (print, digital and video) for overseas promotion/distribution, funding support is only applicable for a maximum period of 6 months
The ESF is open to all businesses/companies or associations registered in Singapore, and government bodies. Proposed projects should fall under one of the following categories:
• Development of new products and experiences
• Content enhancements at existing attractions and precincts
• Technology enablers
• Amenities enhancements within retail malls and attractions
• Infrastructure enhancements
Proposed projects will be assessed on how they develop tourism experiences to improve visitor satisfaction (especially tourists), increase footfall, increase revenue and/or enhancing the overall destination branding.