Innovation for Call Towards a Zero Waste Premises
The National Environment Agency (NEA) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG) have jointly launched a thematic Innovation Call for towards zero waste premises. This call is launched together with Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) and Pan-Pacific Hotels Group (PPHG) to encourage greater use of technology and automation for avoidance, reduction, re-using, segregation and recycling of waste along the waste production/value chain.
Proposals will be assessed based on the following areas:
1. Technical feasibility of solution – 30%
- Effectiveness in addressing the challenge statement
- Operational feasibility
- Minimal/ no nuisance and disruption to existing operation
- Minimal alterations to existing infrastructure
2. Economic feasibility of solution – 30%
- Commercialisation strategy
- Estimated commercial price
- Estimated operating, life cycle costs and return on investment upon deployment
3. Capacity and Expertise to execute project – 25%
- Requisite capabilities and committed resources to undertake solution development
4. Clarity of proposal and accompanying information on POC/MVP, on-site testing and pilot deployment plans – 15%
Shortlisted local SMEs/start-ups may be supported with funding of up to 70% of the qualifying project cost, capped at $250,000*.
Local SME/Start-ups or Singapore registered organisation/company. Foreign and large local enterprises solution providers are encouraged to work with local SMEs/start-ups for solution development.