Job Redesign Place-and-Train Programme for Hotel Industry
The JR PnT Programme for Hotel Industry is part of the holistic support to hotels under the Hotel Job Redesign Initiative, which encourages and enables hoteliers to review, optimise and value-add to existing jobs in their establishments, in order to create higher quality jobs and a heightened sense of job satisfaction amongst the employees.
Through the programme, hotels can receive salary support of up to 70% (capped at $2,000 per month per employee) for the training duration (with a cap of up to three months). Hotels are also encouraged to work with WSG to customise their training plans, which can comprise up to 100% on-the-job training.
All participating companies must fulfil the following criteria:
• Registered or incorporated in Singapore
• Committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme
• Have a clear plan on how job redesign will transform existing roles into new ones
• Committed to reskilling and training arrangements
• Able to offer redesigned job roles which:
a) fulfils one or more job redesign outcomes i.e. vertical redeployments where affected workers move into roles that have larger job size/ expanded scope and/or horizontal redeployment where affected workers are moved into adjacent roles of the same job size into emerging areas and job roles, and
b) pays monthly gross salaries of at least $1,600 after the programme.
Note: Existing workers onboard the programme must be either Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who are minimally 21 years old.