The Kickstart Fund supports the creation and test-bedding of innovative lifestyle concepts and events with strong tourism potential and scalability. This is with the aim of adding to the existing quality tourism software and enhancing the vibrancy of Singapore as a tourist destination.
Successful applicants will receive funding support for qualifying costs, capped at a maximum grant of SGD 200,000 per project. Costs incurred from related parties* will not qualify for support. Examples of qualifying costs include costs for professional services, equipment & materials, production and marketing costs, as well as internal manpower costs.
Funding support is awarded based on STB’s evaluation of the scope and merits of the project. The project funded by the Kickstart Fund is to be executed within 2 years from the date of STB’s grant offer.
The Kickstart Fund is open to all legal entities, for e.g. businesses, companies, associations, institutes, etc.
Qualifying projects include customer-focused events and concepts, such as:
• Multi-disciplinary/ hybrid events which cut across multiple lifestyle and/or business sectors, including B2B2C events
• Single and multiple editions of pop-ups (up to one year or four editions, whichever is shorter)
• Services (eg. an art walk/tour, culinary tour as part of a wider event)
Funding support is awarded based on the scope and merits of the application. STB will evaluate the application/proposal based on the following evaluation criteria:
Strength of Concept/Idea
- Innovativeness of the project concept in the following aspects: Content (innovative, new) and Consumer experience (differentiated, use of technology which enhances consumer experience).
- The concept is unique, first-of-its-kind, and differentiated from existing experiences in the market.
- The project must have some tourism potential.
- The feasibility of the project business model and potential scalability of the project.
- Sound financial planning (including strategies to source for partners, sponsors, and investors) and project and budget management.
- Effective marketing and sales strategies.
Management Team’s Competencies and Track Record
- The management team must demonstrate the necessary abilities, track record (where available), commitment, and drive to successfully execute the project.