Local Enterprise and Association Development (LEAD) Programme
Trade associations and chambers (TACs) are key enablers in enterprise upgrading and industry development. You can play a more proactive role in helping companies enhance their competitiveness and capture new growth opportunities.
TACs keen to drive capability development and internationalisation projects can tap on the Local Enterprise and Association Development (LEAD) Programme by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
LEAD will also support TAC-led Build Improvement District (BID) projects under the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) covering place management activities such as physical improvements to precincts, public space management, transportation access, and cleaning and maintenance.
LEAD supports up to 70% of eligible costs for qualifying projects.
• Manpower-related costs: project members’ salaries and economy airfare
• Equipment and materials: industrial equipment, materials and consumables, hardware and technical software required for the project
• Professional services: consultancy and sub-contracting
• Business development costs: participation or organisation of industry conferences
• Intellectual property costs: licensing, royalties and technology acquisition costs
TACs must also meet the following criteria:
• Represent a key industry (i.e. an industry that contributes significantly to the economy, has good export potential and strong employment size)
• Have a sizeable membership representing the industry
• Have a strong track record in helping small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
• The project(s) to be undertaken must not have started at the time of the application