Pioneer Certificate Incentive (PC) & Development and Expansion Incentive (DEI)
The Pioneer Certificate Incentive (PC) and the Development and Expansion Incentive (DEI) are aimed at encouraging companies to grow capabilities and conduct new or expanded activities in Singapore.
Companies that carry out global or regional headquarters (HQ) activities of managing, coordinating, and controlling business activities for a group of companies may also apply for the PC or DEI for the HQ activities.
• An approved company under the PC or DEI is eligible for a corporate tax exemption or a concessionary tax rate of 5% or 10%, respectively, on income derived from qualifying activities.
• The incentive period is limited to five years. Extension of the incentive may be considered, subject to the company’s commitment to undertake further expansion plans.
• The company is required to maintain a separate account in respect of any non-qualifying activity undertaken during the incentive period. The income from the non-qualifying activity is not eligible for the incentive.
• Application for the PC or DEI is open to companies that are prepared to make significant investments in contribution to the economy or in advancement of capabilities towards globally leading industries. The award of PC or DEI may also be accompanied with the International Headquarters Award status for companies that commit to anchor substantive HQ activities in Singapore to manage, coordinate and control regional business operations.
• To qualify, companies must meet quantitative and qualitative criteria. These include the employment created (including skills, expertise and seniority), total business expenditure which generates spin-off to the economy, as well as commitment to growing the capabilities (e.g. technology, skillsets, knowhow) in Singapore. Manufacturing projects are also required to commit to fixed asset investment in plant, building or equipment.