Professional Conversion Program (PCP) for Employers
Under the Adapt and Grow Initiative, Professional Conversion Programmes (PCPs) are career conversion programmes for mid-career PMETs (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians), to undergo skills conversion and move into new occupations or sectors that have good prospects and opportunities for progression.
There are 3 modes of PCPs:
1. Place-and-Train: PMET is hired by a participating employer before undergoing training to take on a new job role.
2. Attach-and -Train: PMET is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement, through industry partners in growth sectors with good future job opportunities
3. Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling: PMET at risk of redundancy in vulnerable job roles is retained by existing employers and reskilled training to take on new job roles within the same company.
Place-and-Train PCPs / Redeployment PCPs
a.) WSG funding support will be provided to Employers.
b.) Employers will co-fund the remaining salary and course fees.
Standard Rate – Up to 40% of Monthly Salary (capped at $4,000 per month)
Enhanced Rate – Up to 90% of Monthly Salary (capped at $6,000 per month) **For long term Unemployed Singapore Citizen (SC) trainees or Mature SC Trainees
Course Fee Subsidy:
Standard Rate – Up to 70% Course Fees
Enhanced Rate – Up to 90% Course Fees*
**For SC/Permanent Resident (PR) trainees sponsored by SMEs or Mature SC Trainees
In-house training: Up to $15 per hour
a. WSG funding support will be provided to Trainees.
b. Employers will co-fund at least an additional 10% of prevailing salary
Course Fee Subsidy:
Standard Rate (SCs/PRs below age of 40) – Up to 70% Course Fees
Enhanced Rate (SCs aged 40 and above) – Up to 90% Course Fees
WSG’s Funding – Between 50-70 of Prevailing Salary* (capped at $4,000 per month)
Co-funding by hosting employer – At least an additional 10% of Prevailing Salary
Individuals must fulfil the following criteria:
• Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Newly hired PMET and nominated by an eligible company for the PCP
• Preferably holding a NITEC or equivalent
• Must not be in a similar job role prior to joining the PCP
• Must have graduated or ORD for at least 6 months, and do not qualify for SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme for logistics sector
All participating companies must fulfill the following criteria:
• Registered or incorporated in Singapore
• Must offer the new hire a PMET job and issue a valid permanent employment contract. Full-time contract employment must be at least 12 months.
• Must offer the new hire a PMET job which is different from his previous employment. Conversions can be inter or intra sector.
• Must be able to provide structured on-the-job training for the candidate