Research Incentive Scheme for Companies
The Research Incentive Scheme for Companies (RISC) is aimed at encouraging companies in Singapore to conduct or expand their research and development (R&D) activities in science and technology.
• A company awarded with a RISC grant is eligible for co-funding support of up to 30% of qualifying R&D project costs such as manpower, training, consultancy, equipment, software, intellectual property and materials costs. Local manpower may be accorded support of up to 50%.
• The incentive period is up to three years for an approved R&D project.
Application for the RISC grant is open to companies incorporated in Singapore that are prepared to make significant investments in R&D activities in science and technology.
• Application for the RISC grant is open to companies incorporated in Singapore that are prepared to make significant investments in R&D activities in science and technology.
• Companies applying for the grant will be assessed on the quantitative and qualitative merits of the proposed project. These include the employment of research scientists and engineers, total business expenditure in R&D which generates spin-off to the economy, investments in fixed assets, and the company’s commitment to growing R&D capabilities in Singapore.
• The RISC grant will be subject to incentive terms and conditions requiring the company to implement its plans to grow and sustain R&D activities in Singapore.