Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme for Employers
WTS encourages employers to sponsor their lower-wage employees for training to upgrade their work skills and improve business performance. Employers will receive course fee subsidy to lower training costs and absentee payroll funding for employees who are sent for training.
Employers can benefit from up to 95% course fee subsidy and absentee payroll funding when they sign up their employees for any course approved for WTS-eligible courses:
• Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) courses All WSQ courses are supported under the WTS scheme.
• Part-time ITE Skills Certificate, Part-time NITEC and Part-time Higher NITEC courses offered by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE).
• Part-time Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Specialist Diploma and Diploma (Conversion) programmes offered by the five local Polytechnics.
Employees will qualify if they meet all the following criteria:
• Be a Singapore Citizen
• Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities)
• Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked